When you are exploring the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area, take the time to go on a Rainforest Aboriginal tour or to drop in to one of the Indigenous Art Centres.
Opportunities are located across the Area. You can contact a Rainforest Aboriginal organisation for advice on what opportunities are available or drop in to one of the many Visitor Information Centres.
Locals and visitors alike should take the time to connect with Rainforest Aboriginal people - you might walk away with an authentic cultural experience that gives you a deeper understanding of the Wet Tropics cultural landscape.
Here's a couple of suggestions to help you on your way:
- Girringun Arts Centre, Cardwell
- Jidda Arts, Innisfail
- Yarrabah Arts Centre, Yarrabah
- UMI Arts, Cairns
- Mossman Gorge Art Gallery, Mossman
- Janbal Gallery, Mossman
- Wujal Wujal Art Gallery, Wujal Wujal
- Ingan tours, Tully
- Mamu Canopy Walk, Palmerston
- Ngadjon jii guided walks, Malanda Falls
- Jirrbal guided walks, Ravenshoe
- Mandingalbay Yidinji tours, Trinity Inlet
- Tjapukai Cultural Centre, Cairns
- Mossman Gorge interpretive walk, Mossman
- Walker family tours, Bloomfield Falls, Wujal Wujal
- Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat Tours, Cooya Beach, Port Douglas